Sunday, March 09, 2008

Broken Elevator


I have been working here at S.T.P. (seawater treatment plant) all week. The elevator is being upgraded so it will be more reliable. Meantime I’m getting a good workout going up and down the stairs. The stairs you see on the outside can be used but there are stairs on the inside as well, plus it’s -32 below. There are 5 floors above ground and 2 floors below ground. I have been working on the bottom floor but you have to go to the top floor to get a permit before starting work and to eat lunch. The bottom floor is below sea level and that’s where the inlets are that suck up the sea water. The entry way has this steel bear cage when you walk out the door because were right out on the ocean. It’s just the opposite of going to the zoo. We’re the one in the cage and the polar bears aren’t.

6 comments:

john r mclay said...

they don't feed the people, do they?

john r mclay said...

daywagge !! HAH!!
I couldn't resist. The wv was screaming to be typed!

Klondike Kate said...

Hey there - Just thought I'd let you know I stopped by! I love all your pictures even if I don't always post. Take care!

john r mclay said...

SCOOBY DOO! WHERE ARE YOU!?

john r mclay said...

kyfatmak! Is that elevator car still broken?! Bugs bunny would have it fixed by now.

prudhoeman said...

Yes they finally fixed the elevator.